If you are a consumer, you'll want to know how we use the information you provide when you register with us as a site user or when you participate in activities on our site, and how we protect this information from unauthorized use or disclosure.
If you are a health care professional, you'll want to know what steps we take to protect the sensitive data you may choose to share with us, and how we use information you provide about yourself and your professional services.
- Information We Collect
We have access to the following categories of information regarding you and your visit to our Web site. Only some of these categories of information identify you directly, but each category offers some information about your interests and activities that could be used to make inferences about you. The next section of this policy describes how  uses the information we collect.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide
Site Registration:  has constructed this Web site so that you may visit us and review information about the services we offer without revealing your identity or volunteering any personally identifying information. If you register to use  features and services, either as a consumer or a health care professional, we will collect "personally identifying information" from you. Personally identifying information is information such as name, address, telephone number, and email address that could be used to contact you. When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to the resulting information as "health-related personal information."
Interactive Services: If you choose to participate in our interactive services such as questionnaires and surveys, you may disclose health-related information as well as personal facts that could be used to identify you or your family members. Providers who use our benchmarking services and quality of care assessments may choose to disclose facts about their practice and patients that are extremely sensitive, personal data.  does not request or require you to disclose personally identifying information in these forums, but apart from warning you to be prudent in your statements, we do not have the ability to keep you from disclosing private facts.
- Information That Is Routinely Collected By Our Site Technology:
IP Address. We record the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our site. Without more, the IP address does not identify you personally, but it is what allows us to maintain communications with you as you move about our site.
Cookies.  also collects information about your use of our site through cookies and similar technology. A "cookie" is a unique numeric code that we transfer to your computer so that we can keep track of your interests and preferences and recognize you as a return visitor to our site. Cookie technology allows us to collect "clickstream" data, which is not personally identifying information, but which reflects your activities on the site, including your interest in certain health care conditions. A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other personal identifying information, but when you revisit our site the cookie allows us to bring you the content and features likely to be of greatest interest to you based on your previous activities on our site.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide
- How We Use Your Information
Whether you are a consumer or a health care professional, we use the information about your use of the services and activities on our Web sites to monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users prefer so that we can design better services for you. The personally identifying information and health-related personal information that you provide may be used to create customized offers, information, and services tailored to your interests and preferences.
Personally Identifying Information. You do not have to register to use most of the information and services available on our Web site. If you choose to register, we will use the personally identifying information you give us to send you an email confirming your registration with our site and to respond to questions from you. We may also, from time to time, send you email with special promotions or newsletters with information that we think may be of interest to you.
Health-Related Information. We may offer interactive services such as health questionnaires and care management tools that ask you to furnish health-related information about you or your family. The information you disclose and provide in interactive services may be linked with the personally identifying information you may choose to provide elsewhere on our site to provide us with personally identifying information about your health and health care. We may combine your health-related information with that from other site users to create summary data that we will use for our business purposes.
IP Address. In addition to using the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer to maintain communications with you as you move about our site, we also may use your IP address to personalize content provided on the Web site. We retain IP addresses, and we retain them together with personally identifying information.
Law Enforcement. In certain limited circumstances,  may be called upon to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation.  plans to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of the health-related personal information that they may receive.  also reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to other  users.
- Our Relationship to Third Parties
We pledge that we will not sell or disclose any personally identifying information or health-related personal information you provide on our site to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained below:
- Cookies.  does not allow other sites or third parties to use our cookies for their own purposes or to place their own cookies on your computer when you access services through our site.
- Vendors and Suppliers.  has relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our systems and our computer security, respond to email and user inquiries, and create special promotions. We will not authorize our vendors and suppliers to use our customer information for any purpose not related to  business.
- Our Children's Policy
's Web site content and services are intended for adult users over the age of 13. The site is not designed to attract child users. If we learn that an under-13 user has volunteered personal or health-related information on our site, or that a provider has volunteered information about a patient who is identified as younger than 13, we will delete such information from our active databases in accordance with our deletion policy, which is described in the section on Privacy Choices.
- Your Privacy Choices
When you access any interactive tool or service on 's Web site, you will be asked to affirmatively choose ("opt-in") to provide the requested information. You may always choose not to provide the requested information.
- Receive email. When you register with our site, you will be given the option of receiving email with information that we think you might find useful, including promotions, announcements of new services and newsletters on particular health topics. If you decide, at any later time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe to our email list by sending an email entitled Unsubscribe to .
- Accept Cookies. Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject our cookies certain of the functions and conveniences of our site may not work properly. Cookies and similar technologies are how we ensure that we can promptly retrieve and deliver the information to you when you use our site.
- Correct/Update Personal Information. You may correct or update the personal and/or health-related personal information you previously provided to the Web site at any time, using the following options:
You can write to the following address:
- Remove Personal Information.
You may remove previously provided personal and/or health-related personal information at any time using the following options:
You can send email to .
You can write to the following address:
- Deletion Policy. The information that you provide  is stored in servers that are operated and maintained by  and third parties under contract with .  site users should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove from our servers each and every record of the information you have provided to . The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of information about you or your health-related interests may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, we promise that upon receiving your request,  will delete all personal and/or health-related personal information stored in the databases  actively uses for research and daily business activities, or stored in other readily searchable media. In addition, we will use commercially reasonable efforts not to disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
- Communicate with  by email. At our Web site consumers and providers may communicate with our staff to learn more about our products and services. We also offer interactive tools that enable consumers and health care professionals to submit customized email requests for information about diseases and Amgen therapies. Please be aware of the limits on the confidentiality of these email communications.  will not disclose personally identifiable information that we receive in email, but all email transmissions are vulnerable to unauthorized interception. In addition, we remind you that email sent or received through an employer's computer or computer system is not confidential and may be the legal property of the employer.
- Our Security Measures
 wants your personal information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. Our success at improving our products and services depends upon your willingness to share information about your personal health and health care with our researchers.
- Data Security.  uses encryption practices to help insure the integrity and privacy of some of the personal and health related personal information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal and/or health related personal information is kept physically behind firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we will make reasonable efforts to protect personal and/or health-related personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that thieves will find a way to thwart our security systems.